Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Finding Your Network





Did you know that your network is not necessarily your company team?

It could be. But finding others, who know how to network, that you can work with is the skill that will grow your influence and in turn grow your sales in the long run.

Let me tell you my little story about how I found my network.

When I first started Network Marketing, I saw a video that put a bee up my rear end.  It caused me to run through my warm market in a month.  Sure, I had a very good month and some loyal customers, but now what?  

Then I saw another video which encouraged me to go to different Ad sites, not necesarrily to post ads, but to comment on other people's ads.  I saw this as counter productive, but I started commenting on a few a couple of times a day.  I tried to pick out the ones that looked real (these didn't only have picture of money) and I commented on what I liked about the ad, that I liked the products, how well they were representing their company.  Never did I post a comment saying I wanted to jump in their business opportunity.  And I never posted an ad.
  
I became friends with many.  I started recommending their products and services on my facebook wall.  Many, not all, returned the favor.  Some quickly added me to their events and groups without ever contacting me first.  Even back then I knew this wasn't a nice thing to do and I would remove myself from the events and groups.  If people started to be repeat offenders,  I would unfriend.

Once you see who are true good people, not just somone out to make a buck, start chatting with them.  Find out if they have a blog, if they have brand or company pages, find out what is working for them.  Ask for advice on how to make your ads better.  Find out who is great at graphics.  Find out who is great at ad copy.  Find out about them, their likes, their families, their lives.


And.Learn.From. Each.Other.

There is a wealth of information in your developing team and most people do not mind sharing.  If they do mind, scratch them from the team and move on to the next person.  

Do not sell to your team!  If someone is interested they will ask.  You could possibly lose some great team members if you seem too pushy.

Now start building your long term team.  Start empowering and uplifting others!


10 comments:

  1. I'm learning so much from you, Carla! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carla! More Network Marketers need to learn this! I take comfort in the fact that pushy people will not be successful long term. I have run into my fair share of pushy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting! I know people are trained to be pushy, but they don't have to be part of the team.

      Delete
  3. Great article Carla!! Very valuable tips in here and you have a way of making it very easy for everyone to understand. Glad to be part of your team!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad we became teammates! Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I look forward to your opinions.

      Delete